Engineers Week PE Event with special invitation for newly licensed PEs – 1.0 PDH
February 22 @ 3:30 pm - 6:00 pm CST
Join us for a celebration event during Engineers Week 2023!
All are welcome – special invitation for newly licensed PEs
Join MnSPE and colleagues for a special event during Engineers Week! This event is open to all – members, non-members, sponsors, EITs, and newly-licensed PEs.
Did you get your PE license in 2021 or 2022? Do you know an engineer who got licensed in 2021 or 2022? There is a special registration option for newly-licensed PEs. Welcome to Minnesota’s PE community.
We look forward to you joining us! Register here.
Date: Wednesday, February 22, 2023
Time: 3:30 – 6 PM
Location: Taft in Minneapolis (parking is included)
Thank you to our event sponsor, Taft, for hosting the meeting location, taco bar and beverages, and parking.
This presentation will serve as a reminder that we all deserve to live in a world where the engineering decisions that impact our lives are made by qualified and ethically accountable professionals. It will provide an overview of threats to licensure from around the country that propose to consolidate, weaken, or even eliminate licensing boards. The origin of these threats will be discussed along with what is being done to challenge them.
Presenter: David Martini, P.E., F.NSPE, is a Senior Principal Engineer with Bolton & Menk, a Past President of the National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE), and the current President of the Minnesota Society of Professional Engineers (MnSPE). He is a 1994 graduate of North Dakota State University with a BS in Civil Engineering. In 2002, he also received a MS in Infrastructure Systems Engineering from the University of Minnesota. He is a licensed professional engineer with job responsibilities that include management of a variety of municipal engineering projects. In addition, he has business responsibilities related to talent management and corporate culture. As a member of NSPE and MnSPE, he has been an advocate for professional engineering licensure and its role in protecting the health, safety, and welfare of the public.
E-Week PE Event Celebration includes:
- Welcoming newly-licensed PEs. Did you get your license in 2021 or 2022? We look forward to meeting you! Don’t have a license yet? That’s ok! This is an event for the whole MnSPE community. Current members who ARE licensed, and representatives from sponsoring organizations, please join us and welcome our newly-licensed PEs.
- 1.0 PDH presentation and discussion on the state of the PE license across the country
- NSPE activity update from Brian Malm, PE, NSPE president-elect, and MnSPE past president
- Order of the Engineer Ceremony – Join or renew your oath
- Engineer and Young Engineer of the Year awards presentations
- Social with hosted beverages and taco bar from Taft
- Parking validation in specified parking ramp, hosted by Taft.
- $0 – Newly-licsensed PEs (2021 or 2022)
- $20 – Current MnSPE member
- $20 – Non-members from sponsoring organizations
- $80 – Non-member (includes 1.0 PDH)
Register by February 20.